Alain Le Berre
Alain has 24 years of broad-ranging experience with a focus on the following areas :
- Financial and Debt Restructuring ;
- Operational Restructuring / Operational Improvements;
- Debt Advisory;
- Accelerated M&A;
- Litigation Advisory;
- Family Office and Private Equity advisory;
- Non-Executive Board advisory and Board membership;
His prior positions had included investment banking, financial and strategic consulting, private equity as well as operational management roles , CFO position and non-executive directorships A French national based in Switzerland, Alain has worked and lived 8 years in Germany, 6 years in the City of London and is perfectly fluent in all 3 languages.
Alain founded and owns AlpahaConsulting since 2010. His relevant prior roles have included :
- Managing Director and European Head of Restructuring / Litigation Advisory for 2 large international US financial consultancies (BTG Mesirow and Huron Consulting Group;
- Managing Director European Special Situations at Close Brothers Corporate Finance , a respected mid-market Investment Bank in London;
- Partner at Ernst & Young (Transaction Advisory Services), and prior to that already Partner at Andersen Corporate Finance, n Paris, France;
- Director at PwC Financial Advisory Services, Paris, France;
- Chief Financial Officer / Chief Restructuring Officer at Majorette SA, a mid-market branded goods manufacturer based in France with operations in 12 countries;
- Investment Director a / Chief Restructuring Officer at private equity / family office firm Triumph Adler AG, Munich, Germany;
- Consultant at The Boston Consulting Group, Munich, Germany.
- Alain had started his career as a plant production manager in the chemical industry in Germany and in France;
- Master of Sciences, Engineering, at Ecole Centrale de Paris, France;
- Master of Business Administration, INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France ;
- Islamic Finance Qualification, London.
- ARE (Association pour le Retournement des Entreprises);
- TMA (Turnaround Management Association);
- IRTF (International Restructuring Task Force);
- BGN (Global network of 4,000 professionals in 110 countries)
- Other roles and engagements
- Chairman of the UK Alumni Association of his alma mater (450 high-profile members);
- Frequent chair, speaker and panelist at international conferences in the UK, Germany, and France.
- Non-executive director of numerous start-ups and non-for-profit organizations over the years.